Mathematical Olympiads for Elementary and Middle Schools Registration 2023-2024. Grades 4 - 8. Online
MathClub welcomes elementary and middle school students to participate in the online MOEMS math olympiads!
MOEMS is a 501(C)(3) which was established in 1979. It is one of the most influential and fun-filled math competition programs in the United States and throughout the world, with over 120,000 students from every state and 39 countries participating. The objectives of MOEMS® are to teach multiple strategies for out-of-the-box problem solving, develop mathematical flexibility in solving those problems, and foster mathematical creativity and ingenuity.
- Stimulate enthusiasm and a love for mathematics
- Introduce mathematical concepts
- Teach strategies for problem solving
- Develop mathematical flexibility
- Strengthen mathematical intuition
- Foster mathematical creativity and ingenuity
- Provide the satisfaction, joy and thrill of solving challenges
- Develop an appreciation of mathematics
Date and Time
- Grades 4 - 8:
- Olympiad 1: Dec 8, 2023, 6 PM PST (30 min online)
- Olympiad 2: Dec 15, 2023, 6 PM PST (30 min online)
- Olympiad 3: Jan 19, 2024, 6 PM PST (30 min online)
- Olympiad 4: Feb 15, 2024, 6 PM PST (30 min online)
- Olympiad 5: Mar 29, 2024, 6 PM PST (30 min online)
Students below grade 4 will be accepted.
MathClub offers a distinct team for the Elementary Division, catering to students in grade 4 or below,
ensuring that these younger students do not compete with those in grades 5 and 6.
MOEMS Contest Sample
How to participate
- Please, make sure that your student is a member of MathClub.
(MathClub members have an active MathClub Contest Preparation Challenges subscription,
which contains weekly preparation tests for CML and Math Kangaroo math contests and costs $50 per month)
- Complete the MOEMS registration form for your student and pay the MOEMS registration fee. The registration fee can include one or all MOEMS olympiads.
MOEMS registration fee:
- $25 fee for 1 MOEMS Olympiad event
- $100 fee for 5 MOEMS Olympiad events
MOEMS Contests Regulations
MathClub organizes monthly problem-solving MOEMS® contests for elementary and middle school students. At MathClub we offer two divisions:
the Elementary division is for grades 4, 5 and 6, and the Middle School division for grades 6, 7 and 8.
- There are 5 contests, December through March, each with five questions.
- Contests consist of five non routine problems that must be completed in 30 minutes.
- Students work alone, scoring 1 point for each correct answer.
- Calculators, rulers, graph paper, and other aids or resources are not permitted.
- Problems introducing more advanced concepts include all necessary definitions.
- MOEMS® Online should be completed by all students on the same day, at the same time.
- We provide all 50 problems and detailed solutions from the previous two years for practice.
- Certificates for all students
- One Highest Individual Scorer medal
- Award patches for about 50% of all top participating students. Half of all students nationally earn at least one award – a patch, pin, medallion, and/or trophy.
- Silver pins for top 10% and gold pins for the top 2% of scores
- Gold pins for the top 2% of all scores
- George Lenchner Medallion for a perfect score